Speaking of puzzles, Fatima from Spain sent this cool story with pictures of her “Hercules” jigsaw puzzle. Read through to the end. We wish her all the luck in the world to win at the Basauri Convention next year. Fingers crossed for you, Fatima!
First of all, I would like to say that the T.V. show, “Hercules,” made my childhood very amusing, funny, and I would say that it “contributed” to wake up the typical feelings of a teenager, too. I loved it!! I waited anxiously every evening to watch it. I have always loved mythology, and even though the stories of each episode didn’t follow the books I had read literally, I felt obliged to let it go if Kevin was in the middle.
The fan feeling appeared when I was 11 years old, more or less. I used to read all the T.V. magazines to see if (Kevin) appeared, and record all the episodes to watch them again and again. I photocopied his pictures and cut them to paste the copies on my door not to destroy the original document. And, I even asked my mum to buy me the Hercules cookies. I was soooooo obsessed that I started practising judo to be as strong as he was and impress him in case some day I finally meet him, so you can imagine!!
But, my mother got ill and she died when I was 16 years old. I couldn’t stand T.V. shows. “That is not real life,” I thought. So, in a way I “forgot” Kevin. Years passed, I matured, went to University, and after finishing my studies I started working. I am a librarian, I love it!!
Some day not too far away, a boy came to me to ask me if there was any book in the library about the “Twelve Hercules tasks.” That question made me remember younger times, and it made me think: “What will have happened with that man?? Will have he supplanted Zeus in Olimpo and I have not realized??” LOL! So, it was in this way how I caught up with new shows, films, or events that Kevin had been involved (with) during all these years of “blank” for me. I have to say that what impressed me the most was knowing that Kevin and Sam got married! I got excited!! That lovely story made true!!
So, I joined the OEKSFC (Official European Kevin Sorbo Fan Club), and here I am showing you this puzzle.
Making puzzles is one of my best-loved hobbies. My boyfriend knows that, of course. So, since I had again a crush on Kevin, with (my boyfriend’s) permission, obviously, he thought that it would be a great idea (to) mix both passions and give it to me as a present.
To be honest, I was the first one who thought about it, but, I couldn’t find any shop that makes at least a 1000-piece puzzle with a photo of your own, so I kept my idea for me.
But, he is much more in the online world than me, and he finally found this website where you can order a 2000-piece personalized puzzle. We searched in my computer (for) a good picture of Kevin playing Hercules (it couldn’t be any other character), and we added to the picture the “Hercules” logo and his name on top. So, when the picture was ready to send, he sent it to order the puzzle, and it arrived just four days after! Just in time for my Saint’s day.
I couldn’t wait to see it made!! I don’t usually make puzzles during spring or summer, but, I made an exception with this!! I thought that it would take me less time than other ones, but, quite the opposite; I think the anxiety makes you work slower and clumsily.
This is the result, the same day I finished it.
I am a renewed fan now, waiting (for) February anxiously to see if I can finally meet Kevin in Basauri (Spain) and all (the) wonderful girls. If I can, I will take the puzzle for Kevin to sign it. I entered in a contest in this convention, too. Let’s see what happens…Wish me luck!!
Seems that the first Kevin crossword puzzle was a great success. Thank you, everyone! I am currently making another one for you… Television Roles… Put your thinking caps on!
Meanwhile, here are the answers to the previous one.
How did you do?
2. He battled a demonic sorceress in this: talesofanancientempire
3. He compared this to the movie, Airplane: poolboydrowningoutthefury
4. This was the third in a series: walkingtalllonejustice
8. He learned to surf for this: soulsurfer
12. He took a Chance on love: lastchancecafe
13. He had 43 women in one month in this: thekingsofmykonos
16. He drove a covered wagon: prairiefever
18. One of the writers of this was David Zucker: anamericancarol
1. He crossed the River Styx: herculesintheunderworld
5. This was his first full-length feature: kulltheconqueror
6. He begged Zeus to turn time backwards: herculesandtheamazonwomen
7. He appeared at a gun store in this: nevercrywerewolf
9. This was directed by Brenton Spencer: paradox
10. This opened at number one at the box office: meetthespartans
11. He read from the book, Alice in Wonderland, in this: avengingangel
14. He had a guardian angel in this: whatif
15. He played Father Dan: clippingadam
17. He played a serial killer: juliax
(“Cybill” screencaps by Loli)
Want to know my story (of) how I became a fan of Kevin Sorbo? I like to tell you a story.
Before 11 to 12 years (ago) in the Czech Republic, T.V. Nova broadcast a series of “Hercules.” The main role (was played by) actor Kevin Sorbo. The first parts of “Hercules,” I see them. One night I turned the television channel (to) T.V. Nova, which broadcast a film, “Hercules.” (I) did not really intend to watch the movie. I love history and Greek mythology, so, I became interested in the story.
Each story had its main character. And this character has always interested me. Kevin played his role very seriously and with a big heart. Hercules is Kevin; Kevin is also in the life of Hercules.
Kevin has a heart open. Kevin has a heart open to his family, for my friends, and for those who need Kevin. Although I have never personally met him, we together at a distance (have) a great friendship. We have a lot in common: Kevin knows from yoga meditation. I see in his eyes fatigue, (but) more relaxed with meditation music.
Sincerely, from Prague, Lucie
(Artwork by Malena. Photo by Jewels)
And now for something completely different… a Kevin crossword puzzle. This entails titles of some of Kevin’s movies. Since it’s the first one, I tried to make it easy for you. If you like this well enough, I will gladly make more for you! I love crossword puzzles. Please let me know what you think!
To copy it to your desktop: highlight the puzzle and clues, go to Edit, Copy on your toolbar. Open your document software (such as Word) and Edit, Paste it. Then you can print and complete it. I’ll give you the answers in a few weeks, but, I’m sure you will have no problems!
2. He battled a demonic sorceress in this
3. He compared this to the movie, Airplane
4. This was the third in a series
8. He learned to surf for this
12. He took a Chance on love
13. He had 43 women in one month in this
16. He drove a covered wagon
18. One of the writers of this was David Zucker
19. Michael Hurst was in this
20. This starred a talking mule
1. He crossed the River Styx
5. This was his first full-length feature
6. He begged Zeus to turn time backwards
7. He appeared at a gun store in this
9. This was directed by Brenton Spencer
10. This opened at number one at the box office
11. He read from the book, Alice in Wonderland, in this
14. He had a guardian angel in this
15. He played Father Dan
17. He played a serial killer